1.
The buck stops here.一人做事一人當。
A: What's your attitude when you do wrong things at work?
A: 當你在工作中做錯事時,你是什么態度?
B: The buck stops here.
B: 一人做事一人當。
2.
Face the music.面對現實吧、
A: I have lots of work to do. What's more, my grandma is ill.
A: 我有很多工作要做,更糟糕的是,我奶奶病了。
B: I am sorry to hear that, but face the music.
B: 聽到這些我很難過,但還是面對現實吧。
3.
Just bite the bullet and get it over with.咬緊牙關完成這件事情。
A: So many exams. I can't bear it.
A: 太多考試了,我都受不了了。
B: Just bit the bullet and get it over with.
B: 咬緊牙關完成這件事情。
4.
I would bend over backwards to help you.我將為你赴湯蹈火。
A: Don't worry. I would bend over backwards to help you.
A: 別擔心,我將為你赴湯蹈火。
B: That's so nice of you! Thank you.
B: 你真是太好了。謝謝你。
5.
Don't put me on the spot.別讓我為難。
A: Could you do me a favor? Please give me some confidential information.
A: 能幫我個忙嗎?透露一些機密的資料給我。
B: Don't put me on the spot. You know, I can't do that.
B: 不要讓我為難,你是知道的,我不能那樣做。
6.
This is over my head.這實在是太難懂了。
A: Could you do me a favor? I don't understand this French document.
A: 能幫我個忙嗎?我看不懂這份法語文件。
B: Oh, this is over my head. It's too professional.
B: 噢,這實在是太難懂了,太專業了。
7.
I always put my best foot forward.我總是全力以赴。
A: Although I didn't get a place in the competition, I always put my best foot forward.
A: 雖然比賽中我從未獲得過名次,但我總是全力以赴。
B: Dear, you are the best one!
B: 親愛的,你是最棒的!
8.
Let the dog off the leash.放手去干吧。
A: Boss, I think I am not competent for this work.
A: 老板,我認為我不能勝任這個工作。
B: Don't worry. Let the dog off the leash.
B: 別擔心,放手去干吧。
9.
I am totally maxed out.我真是累壞了。
A: I have been working 70 hours this week. I am totally maxed out.
A: 這個星期我工作了70個小時。真是累壞我了。
B: 70 hours? I would be dead if I worked hard like that.
B: 70個小時?我要是工作這么多,我一定會累死的。
10.
He is a turn-off.他很讓人倒胃口。
A: Why don't you love him?
A: 你為什么不愛他?
B: He is a turn-off. He always throws dirty clothes everywhere.
B: 他很讓人倒胃口,他總是把臟衣服到處扔。