1.
They give me the creeps.這讓我起雞皮疙瘩。
A: I don't like spiders for they give me the creeps. They make me feel really gross and uncomfortable.
A: 我不喜歡蜘蛛,看見它們我就起雞皮疙瘩。它們讓我感到惡心、不舒服。
B: I am so sorry. I thought you like these kinds of animals.
B: 非常抱歉,我還以為你喜歡像這樣的動物呢。
2.
He was given a red carpet welcome / treatment.他受到熱烈歡迎。
A: They are so many people over there. How exciting!
A: 那里圍觀了許多人,真是激動人心啊!
B: Yeah, he was given the red carpet treatment and welcomed by a crown.
B: 是呀,他得到了隆重的款待及多數群眾的熱烈歡迎。
3.
This is a red-letter day for Susan.今天是蘇珊的大好日子。
A: This is a red-letter day for Susan. She is going to marry John.
A: 今天是蘇珊的大好日子。她就要嫁給約翰了。
B: Congratulations on their marriage!
B: 恭喜他們結婚了!
4.
She had stood me up.她放我鴿子。
A: I was afraid she had stood me up. But she finally got there.
A: 我當時真擔心她放我鴿子,讓我空等。可是后來她終于到了。
B: She does things like that frequently.
B: 她經常干那樣的事情。
5.
Let's go for a joy ride.讓我們去兜兜風。
A: Your brand new car is so excellent. I like it very much.
A: 你新買的車好棒,我很喜歡。
B: Let's go for a joy ride.
B: 讓我們去兜兜風。
6.
Would you like to hang out with me? 和我一起出去溜達怎么樣?
A: You have been staying at home for several days. Would you like to hang out with me?
A: 你在家都待了好多天了,和我一起出去溜達怎樣?
B: No problem. Wait a moment.
B: 沒問題,等我一下。
7.
Eat up! 大家盡情享用吧!
A: Today is your birthday. First of all, happy birthday to you!
A: 今天是你生日,首先祝你生日快樂!
B: Thank you for coming! We will have dinner outside. Eat up!
B: 謝謝你能來,待會我們會在外面進餐,大家盡情享用吧!
8.
Enjoy your square meal! 盡情享受大餐吧!
A: Congratulations! You have really done a good job. We will miss you very much.
A: 祝賀你。你的工作十分出色,我們會十分想念你的。
B: Me too. By the way, enjoy your square meal!
B: 我也一樣,順便說一句,盡情享受大餐吧!
9.
Cheers! Bottoms up.干杯!要一飲而盡。
A: This is just for you. Cheers! Bottoms up.
A: 這是特意為你調制的,干杯!要一飲而盡。
B: En...It tastes good. I appreciate what you have done for me.
B: 嗯……口感不錯。謝謝你為我所做的一切。
10.
Let's go Dutch. AA制付款。
A: How about trying that new French restaurant tonight?
A: 今天晚上去那個新開的法國餐館去試試怎么樣?
B: OK. But I heard it's expensive so let's go Dutch, OK?
B: 沒問題。我聽說那個餐館很貴,所以我們AA制付款,好嗎?