英語話題 英語學習資源 英語微雜志
當前位置:首頁>英語沙龍>英語話題>20個可以為你加分的常見英文習慣用語
943020個可以為你加分的常見英文習慣用語

外教一對一課程領取私人定制英語學習方法

22018-09-03 10:09:30

20個可以為你加分的常見英文習慣用語

1.In the nick of time: 緊要關頭。


You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

 

你剛好在那個時候幫我找到了主旨,我的老師就安排了一場關于閱讀技巧的測驗,我通過了!

 

2.Let the cat out of the bag: 說出秘密。

 

Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

 

如果你先保守秘密的話,布雷迪的驚喜派對會非常棒的!

 

3.Let the chips fall where they may: 讓某事發生,不管其是好是壞。

 

I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

 

不管結果怎樣,我都會去試試參加啦啦隊。

 

4.Lose your marbles:變得瘋狂。

 

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

 

我媽媽真是要瘋了;這個星期她讓我寫了七篇ACT的作文!

 

5.Once in a blue moon: 罕見的。

 

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

 

在弗羅里達,氣溫降到零度以下是非常罕見的。

 

6.Plain as day: 顯而易見的。

 

It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

 

顯而易見你已經愛上她了,承認吧。

 

7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

 

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

 

我真是討厭落在我姐姐的下風,她總是比我做的好!

 

8.Put your foot in your mouth: 說錯話。

 

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

 

杰西卡居然在約翰失業后問起他的工作,真是說錯話了。

 

9.Pull yourself together: 冷靜下來;振作起來。

 

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

 

振作起來,兄弟!雖然你被女朋友甩了,又被車撞了,但你不能讓這些事把你擊垮。

 

10.Sick and tired: 被打擾或困擾。

 

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

 

她的狗每天都會啃她的鞋子,讓她郁悶不已。

 

11.Sleep on it: 在做決定前先考慮一會。

 

Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

 

今天先不要告訴我你會不會跟我一起搬去德州。先考慮一下,明天再回復我。

 

12.Snug as a bug in a rug:溫暖舒適的;滿足的。

 

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

 

那個小寶貝蜷縮在媽媽的身邊,一副很舒服滿足的樣子。

 

13. Step up your game: 迎頭趕上。

 

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

 

聽著,珍。如果你想在芬奇老師的課上得全A,就得奮起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!

 

14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。

 

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

 

莎倫經常干涉別人的事。

 

15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 來自最可靠的消息。

 

Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!

 

據最可靠的消息說,我們這周都會領到獎金啦!

 

16.Take it easy: 放松。

 

I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

 

我知道你難受,今天試著放松一下吧。

 

17.Tip of the iceberg: 一個較大問題的顯而易見的一小部分;冰山一角。

 

The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.

 

卡莉和黑手黨的人見面的事實只是冰山一角,她還參與向這個國家走私違禁品。

 

18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一葉障目;只看到細節而未注意到最重要的事實。

 

She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

 

她總是在一些雞毛蒜皮的事上不肯罷休;就像看不到最重要的部分一樣。

 

19.Up a creek without a paddle:處于困境之中。

 

If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

 

如果你沒錢支付汽車的修理費的話,那就麻煩了,因為你休想要回你的車。

 

20.You rock!: 你真棒!

 

Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

 

兄弟你真棒!謝謝你主動提出照顧我的蜥蜴一整周。

NO RESULT
上一篇:深圳龍崗spiiker英語收費標準是多少?老學員說說看怎么樣?
下一篇:深圳南山spiiker英語收費標準是什么?性價比如何?
国产欧美乱码在线看