把人們匯聚在一起 - Getting People Together
任何項目要邁出的第一步都是組建一個團隊。有時你要負責選擇合適的人員,有時你是被選擇的人。不論如何,都應該了解一下下列術語。
1. Form a team - 建立團隊:
The first thing a project manager does is form a team of employees who are best suited for the project.
項目經理要做的第一件事就是建立一支由適合該項目的人員組成的團隊
2. Team up with - 與其他團隊合作:
Sometimes on a big project, you may need to team up with other companies.
有時在一些大型項目中,你可能需要跟其他公司的團隊合作。
3. Pitch in - 貢獻想法:
Everyone will have to pitch in their ideas.
每個人都得提出自己的主意
4. Start from scratch - 從零開始:
Since we will be starting from scratch on this project, we’re going to need a lot of support.
由于這個項目我們是從零做起,所以我們需要大量的支持。
5. Set deadlines - 設置截止日期:
We have set deadlines for each phase except the design phase.
除了設計周期,我們為每一階段的目標都設置了完成的最后日期。
6. Get going - 執行
Let’s get going on this as soon as possible.
咱們盡快把這個落實。
7. Give the green light開綠燈:
We can’t start the project until management gives the green light.
管理人員開了綠燈以后咱們才能啟動這個項目。
8. Kick off - 開始
We’re about to kick off the project soon.
我們很快就會開始這個項目。
9. Meet up - 見面:
Since we have a few problems to discuss, let’s meet up in my office.
既然我們有幾個問題得討論一下,就在我辦公室見面說一下吧
10. Meet the deadline - 按期完成 :
We may have to put in some overtime to meet the deadline.
為了趕在截止日期前完成,咱們可能得加加班了。
11. Schedule a meeting - 安排會議:
Let’s schedule a meeting for this Tuesday to discuss any problems.
咱們這周二排個會討論一下問題。
12. Behind schedule - 落后于計劃時間:
I want to hear why we’re so behind schedule.
我想了解一下為什么咱們跟計劃比落后了這么多。
13. Ahead of schedule - 早于計劃時間:
Actually, we’re quite a bit ahead of schedule so there’s no rush.
其實咱們比原計劃提前了很多,所以不著急。
14. According to schedule - 符合計劃時間:
If the project goes according to schedule, we should have plenty of time.
如果項目按計劃時間進行,我們應該還有很多時間。
15. On schedule - 按時:
Don’t worry about, we’re right on schedule.
別擔心,我們還在計劃時間內。
規劃 - Planning
沒有合適的行動計劃項目也完成不了。“看情況再說吧”絕對完全沒有效率還浪費時間!
16. Put a plan into action - 執行計劃:
If we want to put this plan into action, we are going to need more time and more people.
如果想把這個計劃執行下去,我們就需要更多時間和人力。
17. Plan ahead - 提前計劃:
I’m just planning ahead. You know how easy it is to get setback with these things.
我只是提前計劃一下。這些事情特別容易出岔子,你懂的。
18. Make a plan - 制定計劃:
How should we advertise this new product? Let’s make a plan now.
我們怎么推廣這個新產品?現在來定個計劃。
19. Stick to the plan - 按照計 劃執行:
Changing the design now will take too much time. Let’s just stick to the plan.
現在再改設計就等太久了。咱們就按原計劃來吧。
20. Review the plan - 回顧計劃:
Let’s review the plan before we make any big decisions.
咱們做大決定前都回顧一下計劃。
21. Create a budget - 制訂預算:
We need to create a budget that includes the travel expenses of the project team.
我們需要制定一個包括項目組的差旅費的預算。
22. Stay under budget - 控制在預算以下:
We need to stay under budget on this project so let’s not go out to lunch too often.
我們得把這個項目控制在預算以下,所以午飯就不要太常出去吃了。
23. Increase the budget 提高預算:
Management has agreed to increase the budget to cover the cost of testing the new car.
為了能夠承擔新車的測試,管理層已同意提高預算。
24. Wrap up the project - 圓滿完成項目:
Okay, everyone, let’s just double check everything and we’ll be ready to wrap up!
咱們再把所有事情檢查一遍,準備收工了!
25.Sign off the project - 簽收項目:
All that remains now is to get the President to sign off on this and then we can all celebrate!
現在就剩下請董事長簽收這個項目了,然后咱們好好慶祝下!